Home > AZ >
Beginning in 1952 Winslow had two one way streets that were Route 66.
2nd St. goes east and 3rd St. goes west. 2nd was the original alignment
of the Mother Road. This page starts on the westbound section that follows
E. Route 66 (3rd St.)
On the east end of Winslow and on the south side of I-40 east of
exit 257.. The trading post was built about ... read
1216 E 3rd St.
The former Travel Lodge is now apartments. An old postcard describes
it as having a heated pool, telephones ... read
1000 E. Third St.
This motel dates back to the 1950s, . The sign looked a little weathered
when this photo was taken, it'd be nice to see ... read
719 E. 3rd St.
A 1965 postcard describes the motel being "One of Winslow's
Finest Motel accomodations. That was then, ... read
512 E. Third St.
The former Marble Motel is the oldest continually operating Route
66 motel in Winslow ... read
725 W 3rd St
The Motel 10 was located in the former Astro Motel in 2015. Check
out the cool folded plate roof ... read
Saws & Cycle Pawn
1020 W. 3rd St.
Moore's started out as a chainsaw repair shop, still has what's
left of a neat old neon sign for Bill's Cafe out front ... read
1914 W 3rd St
In 2015 the former Town House motel was operating as The Lodge
... read more
Note: You've reached the west end of old 66 in Winslow, turn
around here and head east on W. 2nd St to see the landmarks on the eastbound
1919 W. 2nd St.
Now serving Chineese & American Food built in 1959 - West end
of town where W 3rd and Old Hwy 66 merge ... read
912 W 2nd.
The former Sand N Sage Motel was closed and fenced off when this
photo was taken in 2015 ... read
Side Trip: There are two off 66 landmarks here that may be worth
a half-block side trip in either direction. The Winslow Theater to your
right and the Old Trails Museum to your left.
115 N. Kinsley Ave,
This theater opened in 1927 as the Rialto Theatre in an Art Deco
style building featuring both movies and live ... read
212 N Kinsley Ave
Located in the 1921 First National Bank building. Like most small
museums the friendly staff here love to ... read
Back on 66: Return to 66 and continue east.
100 E. Second St.
Dominique's Route 66 Gift shop is housed in the old Elks Building.
Just cross the street from the Standin' On the Corner ... read
303 E. 2nd Street
The La Posada Harvey House Hotel was built in 1929. Architect Mary
Colter designed it and the adjacent ... read
320 E. Second St.
This is a model Nifty-Nine" Valentine Diner which was formerly
Monday's Cafe and also Irene's ... read
422 E. Second St.,
This was a garage for the Fred Harvey Cars used to shuttle LaPosada
Hotel guests around ... read
901 E. 2nd St
This is an old cottage style station. This one was apparently used
as a rock shop at some point. Possibly built in 1937 ... read
921 E 2nd St.
The former LaSiesta Motel #2, was built in the late 1940's. It was
the Garden Apartments when we saw ... read
| Stay tuned,
there's more to come!