Home > MO >
Springfield is known as the "Birthplace of Route 66: and the "Queen
City of the Ozarks. There were multiple alignments of 66 here over the
4048 E Kearney St.
The Truck Store operates out of what was the office for the Bell
Motor Court / Motel / Otto's Motel Courts. The cottages are ...
2000 East Kearney Street
The Rest Haven Motor Court was opened in 1947 with just four rock
cottages containing two ... read
2209 N Glenstone
Originally the site of the White City Tourist Park. The Americana
Motel was built in 1959 and it became the Flagship Motel ... read
2023 N. Glenstone Ave.
The Glenstone Cottage Court opened in 1947 with 17 units, some with
kitchenettes. It is pretty much the same ... read
1158 East St. Louis Street
This Steak n Shake opened in 1962 and still has that old-school,
diner atmosphere. Steak N Shake was founded in ... read
700 St. Louis.
You were traveling in style if you stayed here in the early days
of the Mother Road. Kentwood Hall is now owned by ... read
438 E PST Louis St.
Look for a Trail of Tears sign here. The Discovery Center occupies
two of the three 1920s auto dealer buildings on this ... read
Evening 6 PM Mural,
Park Central W & Campbell Ave.
This mural depicting the Har-Bell Athletic Goods Building was done
by national artist, David Guinn, as part of ... read
409 W. McDaniel
The jail was built in 1891 and is the oldest existing structure
owned by the City of Springfield. A new jail was ... read
Tire & Wheel
701 W. College St.
After Bud Perry began his business in 1958 he added some murals
on his building. Next door is a former Conoco station ... read
1622 College St.
This small old style diner makes for some cool photo ops and a chance
for some equally old style friendly service... read
2333 W. College St.
These cabins started as Mack's Cabins in 1939 and later became Greer's
Court and even later became ... read
2400 College Street.
The former 1940s Rock Fountain Tourist Court had a stone fountain
in the middle of the complex. In 1961 a new owner ... read
2417 W. College St.
This tiny little barber shop was operated by the Mullen family for
decades. New owners have ... read
2906 Chestnut Expy.
In 1937 John A Morris started the Brown Derby liquor stores in this
1930s gas station building. ... read
Sidetrip: Bypass 66: At W. Chestnut Expessway and N. West
Bypass turn north.
Smith Oil Co.
2321 N. West Bypass
The Rex Smith Oil Company Station opened in 1932 as a Flying A Station
and Cafe with cabins in the rear ... read
Back on 66: 1926 alignment: Turn around and head back
to W. Chestnut Expressway Street, then turn west.
Well Motor Inn
3550 W. Chestnut
The Wishing Well Motor Inn opened in 1947 with 17 units, garages
and a wishing well. The units have been connected ... read
4525 W Chestnut Expressway,
Formerly Seven Gables Restaurant and Truck Stop. This building has
been around for over 80 years, first as a gas station then ... read
7973 State Hwy. 266
After WWII Bert & Ina Rainey purchased this gas station and
a wrecker. They added the second floor for their ... read
8240 Hwy. 266
The 1934 Barnes & Son General Merchandise sold feed and later
added a Sinclair gas station and garage ... read
10520 W. State Hwy. 266
On the southwest corner at Farm Road 65, look for the Yeakly Cemetery
sign up by the road. This chapel was ... read
| Stay tuned,
there's more to come!