The former Rail Haven Motor Court started out with eight small stone cottages
and eventually grew to be the much larger Best Western Rail Haven Motel.
It was originally built in 1938 by the Lippman Brothers and had a split
rail fence around the property, hence the name. Those eight stone cottages
featured kitchenettes and carports. It became a Best Western in the late
1940s. In 2006 it was completely refurbished. It sits at the corner of
Glenstone Ave. and St. Louis St. on the original 1926 alignment of Route
---------- Vintage Advertising Highlights
Best Western Motel
Rail haven Motel & Restaurant
24 Hour Restaurant
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.