Home > MO > Springfield >
2400 College St., Springfield, MO
The Melinda Court on College Street was originally the 1947 Rock
Fountain Tourist Court and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
When the place was new there was a rock fountain in the courtyard,
hence the original name. Nine cottages surround the courtyard with the
office / managers living quarters on the east end.
Rock Fountain Court opened in the mid and in 1961 a new owner named it
Melinda Court in honor of his daughter. The property is diagonally across
the intersection from Mack's
Court and also just across the street from the Mullen's
The cottage closest to the street has a stone veneer on the streetside
and back as well as the front, the other cottages only have stone on
the front. Each cottage has a small covered porch at the entrance.