Home > OK >
The 1926 alignment of Route 66 runs through Bristow from the north to
south. The 1928 realignment (now Hwy. 66) turns west at W. 4th Ave. A
couple miles of the 1926 route is still driveable.
Tank Farm Loop Alignment
Route 66 East of Bristow.
This 1926 alignment was that was bypassed in 1938, it's a short
easy drive with a few old oil storage tanks still in place ... read
Sand Creek Bridge
Old Route 66 & W 211th St.
Sand Creek Bridge was part of the 1926-1965 alignment. This Warren
pony truss bridge was built in 1935.
114 E 7th Ave.
This mural is on the side of the Cornerstone Church. It's a half
block of 66, but very easy to spot ... read
1 Railroad Place
The 1923 Bristow Train Depot has been restored and houses a variety
of displays sponsored by the ... read
115 W. 4th St.
This little tin tile roofed glazed brick building has been a welcome
sight for drivers since 1923. The gas pumps are ... read
201 W 4th St., Bristow, OK
This Bristow Texaco Service Station was built about 1923 on a dirt
road known as Highway 7 which became Route 66 in ... read
tuned, there's more to come!