| Home > Missouri
Devil's Elbow, MO
The town is named for the tight turn in the Big Piney River that made
it difficult for loggers to float logs downstream. Sitting on the 1926
Route 66 the community was bypassed in the 1940's by Hookers Cut.
21050 Teardrop Road
Nelle Munger and Emmett Moss opened the Munger-Moss Sandwich Shop
on Route 66 in 1936. In 1943 the new four-lane Route 66 was completed
and bypassed this location.
The 1923 Devil's Elbow Bridge over the Big Piney River carried
Route 66 traffice until 1943. Turn west right just south of the
Devil's Elbow Bar on Teardrop Rd.
12175 Timber Lane
This 1954 building was originally Miller's Market which later became
Allman's Market and Seldon's Market after that.
Store and Camp
12177 Timber Lane
This 1941 building originally had a dance hall on the second floor,
but that became apartments after a while. This was the post office
untill the Miller Market was built next door in 1954.
Just west of Devil's Elbow on old Route 66
This Scenic Overlook is listed as one of the seven beauty spots
| Stay tuned,
there's more to come!