| Home > NM > Tucumcari >
Tee Pee Curios924 Route 66, Tucumcari, NM
The Tepee Curios building opened as a Gulf gas station in 1944. In 1948 it was Leland Haynes Grocery, Meats & Curious. In 1960 it was Jene's Trading Post. The gas pumps were lost and the Tee Pee entry was added when Route 66 was widened in 1959. The name is spelled Tee Pee on the building and Tepee on the sign.
The neon sign was added in about 1960 and restored in 2003 as part of the 2003 New Mexico Route 66 Neon Sign Restoration Project. Neon on the Mother Road is one of the popular attractions.