Home > MO > Carthage >
13071 MO Hwy. 96, Carthage, MO
The Kel-Lake Motel was built in 1954 with eight guest rooms where the
newer Route 66 (Hwy. 96) met the 1926 Route 66 (County Road V (Java St.)
and across the road from Kellogg Lake. That's a busy intersection today
with the Crapduster sculpture
on the NE corner, the Best
Budget Inn on the SE corner, Kellogg
Lake Park on the SW corner and this motel on the NW corner.
The original sign still stands out front. From the mid-50's to the
mid-60s it was owned and operated by Ernest and Eula Jackson.
Vintage Advertising Highlights
1/2 Mile East on U. S. 66 & 71 By-Pass
7 Ft. Beds
Commercial And Family Rates
Your Best Place To Sleep
By Beautiful Kellogg Lake
1/2 Mi. E. on 66
Juanita Forste, owner
Every Comfort Away From Home
Large Clean Rooms
Come Visit Us!
Phone FL 8-****
NOTE: That's pretty typical advertising for a small Mom and
Pop Motel in the 1950s, except for the line about 7 Ft. Beds. That's
definitely out of the ordinary, both as advertising and as a feature
for the motel.