Home > MO > Carthage >
Carthage Civil War Museum205 Grant St., Carthage, MO
It is housed in the 1883-4 City Hall building. As well as the City Hall, the volunteer fire department and the city police were also housed here. The City Hall moved to the Jasper County Courthouse in 1895. That left this building to the police and fire department. The volunteer fire department was replaced by a paid staff in 1915. It remained a fire station until 1980. It became the Carthage Civil War Museum celebrating the Battle of Carthage in 1992.
, It is closed on Mondays, but well wortth a visit.