| Home > AZ > Ed's Camp >
Ed's CampOatman Rd (Route 66), AZ
Lowell Ed Edgarton built Ed's Camp in 1919 as a sort of one stop shop for people traveling through the area. The main trading post building and the Kactus Cafe building are still standing. The Texaco pumps and station are gone as are the cabins that travelers could rent for the night. Tent spots were also offered for those who preferred being closer to nature, or simply couldn't afford the cabin rent.
When these photo's were taken in 2013 the buildings and property were showing more than a little wear and tear.
Hungry tarvelers could get a meal at the Kactus Cafe next to the trading post building. The sign posts still stand out front near the road.