The former Circle S Ranch Court was opened in the early 1950's by John
and Callie Sefcik. In 1951 it was recommended by both AAA and Duncan Hines
according to a postcard. By 1955 the name had been changed to Circle S
Motel, probably to keep up with changing naming trends in the industry.
At some point the motel was expanded from 30 to 38 rooms. As the Circle
"S" it was listed by AAA and was a member of the Master Hosts
Association. Later owners were Ken and Billie Dunlap. It was the closed
Relax Inn when these photos were taken in 2012.
What looks like a large chimney in the photo above was added when the
name was changed to Circle "S" Motel. That was one of at least
four signs locations while it was the Circle "S"
2012 photo shows the sign for the now closed Relax Inn.
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.