| Home > NM > Moriarty >
Whiting Brothers Station421 Route 66, Moriarty, NM
The Whiting Brothers station dates to 1964, and owner Sal Lucero has owned it since 1985. Gas is no longer available here, but some other automotive services are offered.
Whiting Brothers started in 1926 and established several gas stations andl motels along Route 66. Like a lot of businesses in smaller communities along Route 66 the coming of the interstate highway led to their decline.
Some of the shield style Whiting Brothers signs have the spire on top and others do not. The signs at this station have been restored since these photos were taken in 2013. There was a small delay to while waiting for a family of owls to move on.