Home > MO > Carthage >
Powers Museum1617 Oak St., Carthage, MO
The 1927 Taylor Tourist Park, and later the Parkview Motor/Tourist Court with eight modern cabins, Café, gas station and residence once occupied this site. The old tourist court buildings were torn down in the mid-1980s to make room for the new museum. The Parkview name referred to it's location across the road from the 1937 Municipal Park. In 1946 the Parkview was offered for sale for $27,500.00.
When Marian Powers Winchester died in 1981, she left her estate to establish a museum for her town and requested the museum be named in honor of her parents, Dr. Everett & Marian Wright Powers.