The Bank Hotel Building is also known as the McMillan Building. In 1888
Thomas McMillan purchased the unfinished shell of this building on which
construction had been started in 1886. His first tenants were a bank and
a hotel. In 1892 the Flagstaff-Grand Canyon Stagecoach established a stop
in the building, at that time the McMillan Opera House was located on
the first floor. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic
Places in 1977.
The Bank Hotel name can be seen at the top of the building. The building
was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. The
building is located at N. Leroux St. and Route 66 across the street
from the railroad depot.
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.