Route 66 Times header image
Home > OK > Clinton >

Oklahoma Route 66 Museum

2229 W. Gary Blvd., Clinton, OK
Phone: 580-323-7866

East < GO > West

The Oklahoma Route 66 Museum opened in 1995. The museum developed out of the Museum of Western Trails, which operated from 1968 until 1993. In 1991, the museum was transferred to the Oklahoma Historic Society which refocused the museum on transportation and Route 66. That made this the first Route 66 museum sponsored by a state.


This restored 1956 Valentine Diner was originally a Porter House Cafe that was moved from Shamrock, Texas. The diner closed in 1964.


There is also a Will Rogers Highway Marker here in front of the museum.

Photo(s): 2012