| Home > MO > Cuba >
Phillips 66 Cottage Style StationWashington St. at S. Franklin Blvd., Cuba, MO
This very cool cottage style Phillips 66 gas station sports a set of three murals on the east side service bay doors. The station stands at the intersection of E. Washington St. (Route 66) and S. Franklin Blvd/St.
Paul T. Carr built this cottage style filling station in 1932 as a Phillips 66 station. He later expanded it to include a Ponitac automobile dealership. It became a Mobil station and the office for their oil company when the Wallis family bought it in 1968 . They restored the building to look like it did in the 1930's. The murals on the garage door panels were painted by Missouri artist Ray Harvey and illustrate the stations history.
The Phillips "P" and badge stand out on the chimney of the old station. This really is one of the more delightful cottage style station restorations on historic Route 66.
A closer look at the Phillps 66 badge. This and the "P" shown below are great examples of what to look for on other old Phillips 66 stations.
Here's a better look at the Phillips "P" on the chimney.
In 2016 this was home to a restaurant.