The Crestwood bowl was opened in 1958 by a trio of professional bowlers
that included Dick Weber, Pat Patterson and Rich Volling. Eventually Hattie
Volling, Rich Vollings mother became the owner followed by her nephew
Ray Bluth in 1973. Ray Bluth was also a professional bowler. The bowling
alley sits on the 1926 alignment of the Mother Road.
In 2013 the neon sign that dates to around 1958 was relit after it was
restored with help from the Route 66 Association of Missouri's Team
Neon and the Bluth family. The St. Louis County Historic Buildings Commission
has declared the sign to be an official county landmark.
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.