The vine covered stone portion on the east side of the building is the
original structure and it dates back to 1930. The west end made of concrete
block was added in 1949. It originally was a grocery/general store which
was operated for many years by a Mr. Wilson and was known as the Albatross
Store. The building is located on the south side of Hwy. 96 just east
of Cty. Rd 1120
Later in the buildings useful life it housed Jim Moots' Auto Body Shop.
The west end of the building still carries the Auto Body signage painted
on the wall. The name is also still visible above the door on the front
of the concrete block section of the building.
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.