| Home > KS > Galena >
Little's Service Station119 N. Main St., Galena, KS
The former Little's Service Station opened here in 1934 selling Kan-O-Tex gas and oil on the former site of the Bank's Hotel. The hotel was torn down in 1933. The station original only sold gas and oil, the service bay was added later.
In 2007 The station was restored and renamed becoming 4 Women on the Route, in 2013 it became Cars on the Route with new owners. There is a little cafe with a limited menu in the old service bay and a gift shop in what was the office space.
This old tow truck was reportedly the inspiration for a character in the Cars movie. This photo was snapped before the parking area was resurfaced.
Kan-O-Tex was the Kanotex Refining Company, the name comes from Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Those were the first states where the company did business.
The Kan-O-Tex globes on the antique gas pumps out front would get the attention of any petroliana enthusiast. The design features the Kan-O-Tex name and a five point star in front of a Kansas Sunflower.