| Home > TX > Glenrio >
Texas Longhorn Motel and CafeMain St. Route 66, Glenrio, TX
The Texas Longhorn Motel and Cafe was owned and operated by Homer Ehresman from 1955 to 1976. The often photographed sign read "First Stop in Texas" on one side and "Last Stop in Texas" on the other. In 1934 Ehresman opened the State Line Bar on the New Mexico side of Glenrio and then in 1953 ran the State Line Cafe and (Phillips 66) Gas Station.
During the 1930s there were no bars on the Texas side since the county was dry and no service station on the New Mexico side because of the state's higher gasoline tax.