The 1931 Jim's Modern Court was built with twelve guest rooms separated
by garages. The garages have been converted to guest living spaces. The
office and managers residence are located in a separate building in the
center of the courtyard. That building started out as a mechanics garage
operated by the motel's first owner.
The second owner bought the property in 1952 and added office space
to the front of the garage and converted the rest to living space. They
also changed the name to the Redwood Lodge. They sold the motel in 1983.
sign is not original to the property. The motel was added to the National
Register of Historic Places in 1998.
About Us We started traveling Historic U.S. Route 66 as a destination in 2009. It's like a 2,400 mile long drive back in time from Chicago to Santa Monica! more
You Know: Many parts of the old 4 lane Route 66 were reverted to a 2 lane
road after 66 was realigned to the interstate. In many places the abandoned
lanes are still there.